IMPORTANT NOTICE TO KUSA MEMBERS
Termination of the use of the SA Post Office as KUSA’s service provider for the despatch of documents
Relocation of the KUSA Office – Courier Services
Due to the high volume of returned, undelivered, or lost mail, it is no longer viable for KUSA to make use of the South African Post Office (SAPO) in the despatch of documents. Postnet offer reliable courier services – Postnet2Postnet Pre-paid @ R99.00*, Postnet2Door Non-Express @ R185.00* (Major Centres) and Postnet2Door Non-Express @ R275.00*(Regional Centres), which are all trackable.
(*subject to change)
Please be advised that, with immediate effect, the following services will be subject to a payment of a Courier Fee:
- Despatch of all forms of Registration and Health Certificates
- Despatch of Registration Certificates following Transfer of Ownership
- Despatch of any re-issued Registration Certificates, except as a result of bona fide Office errors
- Despatch of Replacement (duplicate copies of) Registration Certificates
- Despatch of Registered Affix Certificates
- Despatch of Export Pedigrees
- Despatch of Champion, Grand Champion, Supreme Champion and Junior Merit Certificates
- Despatch of Award Certificates, Workbooks and Record Cards
- Despatch of National Award Certificates
The Subscription and Fees document, issued pursuant to Schedule 7, has been amended to make all services involving the despatch of documents or goods subject to the payment of the Courier Fee. All services which will attract a Courier Fee have been identified with an asterisk*.
The application/request for any service resulting in the despatch of documents (see above) must include the Courier Fee and be accompanied by a Courier Delivery Form (downloadable from the KUSA website), on which the applicant/consignee can indicate his/her preference of Postnet Courier Service and provide the essential information required for Courier Despatch and Delivery.
FCI CONCESSION FOR AWARDING THE TITLE OF FCI A2O INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY CHAMPION (FCI-C.I.B.) FOR BREEDS NOT SUBJECT TO WORKING TESTS FOR THE DURATION OF SOUTH AFRICA’S NATIONAL STATE OF DISASTER
1. According to the Regulations for FCI Asia, Africa & Oceania (A2O) Section International Championship, the following criteria need to be met to earn the title of International Beauty Champion (FCI-C.I.B.):
• Four (4) FCI-C.A.C.I.B.®s,
• awarded by four (4) different Judges,
• from three (3) different Countries.
2. Following an appeal to the FCI for the relaxation of these requirements for South Africa for a finite period, i.e. until the National State of Disaster Regulations are repealed, we are pleased to advise that the FCI’s General Committee has agreed to KUSA’s request on behalf of exhibitors.
3. In consequence, for as long as the National State of Disaster prevails, South African dogs would be permitted to gain their FCI-C.I.B. titles by meeting the following criteria:
• Four (4) FCI-C.A.C.I.B.®s,
• awarded by four (4) different South African Judges,
• or by a combination of four (4) different South African and foreign Judges,
• subject to the following:
4. The period for accumulating FCI-C.A.C.I.B.®s under South African Judges in order to apply for the FCI-C.I.B., will be from 1 January 2020 up to the date of the repeal of the National State of Disaster.
5. FCI-C.A.C.I.B.®s awarded by foreign Judges prior to 1 January 2020 will be considered for supplementation of those earned under South African Judges post 1 January 2020 to fill the required quota of four (4) FCI-C.A.C.I.B.®s in order to apply for the FCI-C.I.B., provided that such FCI-C.A.C.I.B.®s have been earned within the period of three years before 1 January 2020, i.e. between 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2019, and provided further that the combined submission is acceptable to the FCI.
6. The FCI has not, as yet, committed to any dispensation on the issue of FCI-C.A.C.I.B.®s earned subsequent to the repeal of the National State of Disaster supplementing those earned under South African Judges as from 1 January 2020.